Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Requesting for MJ

It recently came to my attention that Music Japan's requests will mainly be in Japanese. As an outsider, I'm not sure what the reaction would be towards an English request and comment. I'm sure if you used simple English, they'd understand you; however, come to think of it, most requests are in Japanese.
Therefore, I attempt to try the following.

As this is a request and a comment section, I may not be able to help everyone with what they want to say. I can try to give you a formula to which you would plug in the songs of your choice. This being said, please note that I'm not a professional at Tokyo-ben, nor do I often place formal requests in this manner.
You may consider including the following:
このテレビ番組で___を聞きたいです。含まれてお願いします。i'd like to hear [insert song] on this tv programme. please include it.
このテレビ番組で___を含まれてください。お願いします。please include [insert song] on this tv programme. [translates to english equivalent of:] please and thank you.

If you would like to go into further detail, I tried looking around for a translation site from English to Japanese. Sometimes Google Translate can be a bit inconsistent, so I wanted to look outside of that. There is this babylon device which, depending on what you want said, can be done quite nicely. Please keep in mind that there can be multiple ways to say things in Japanese, so just because I wouldn't say something this way, doesn't mean it's incorrect.

If this doesn't work for you, please comment below or send me a message on Twitter including what you want to say on MJ. I will respond to the first five (at least) that I receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment