Sunday, November 6, 2011

Catch a Star: Ryohei x Ryousuke

I do not own this video. Thank you to helloro1818 for uploading it! You can click here to view it on its original page. Sorry for the odd blanks here and there.



Because the STAR is here, there's someone who can do his best.

Interviewer
Ryousuke Ishikawa
"I'm Ryousuke, and I"m ten years old. My dream for the future is to become a dancer."

Star
Ryohei Chiba 
"Hey, I'm Ryohei from w-inds."

catch a Star
100 stars x 100 dreams


Ryohei Chiba x Ryosuke Ishikawa
100 stars x 100 dreams
I want to dance along with Ryohei.

Ryousuke: This is amazing, isn't it. I'm really nervous.
Ryohei: <laughs>
Ishikawa --> Star: What were you doing when you were a middle school student?
Ryousuke: I'm just a first year, but what were you, Ryohei, doing when you were a first year middle school student?
Ryohei: First year middle school? I was thinking about joining soccer, which I really liked. But then I had all these energetic poses; when it got to the point I couldn't bear them any longer, I started playing basketball.
Ryousuke: Is that so.
Ryohei: Yeah, but I got so nervous. It was kind of like making progress for me, so I was focused on getting better. With that in thought, I joined [the team] in my first year. I did do some dance, as well.
Ryousuke: At that time, did you have a dream for the future?

Ishikawa --> Star: What was the dream you held on to during your middle school ages?
Ryohei: At that time, it was about soccer and getting on television.
<awkward silence, in need of a break>

catch a Star
100 stars x 100 dreams

off camera:
Ryohei: Kind of awkward, isn't it.
Ryousuke: It's awkward. I'm really freaking out, so...
Ryohei: Yeah. For me, I couldn't stop shaking when I first met Da Pump.

Ishikawa --> Star: What are you thinking about when you're dancing?
Ryousuke: When you're dancing, what are you aware about/thinking about?
Ryohei: Close awareness... I wonder what... Looking cool. I focus on being cool, and then work to the next step. Back then, I didn't have much confidence. I didn't have much of anything, so I kept doing my best. But there's no point to someone if you don't think he's cool by looking him.
<Ryohei dance solo clip>
Ryohei: Everyone comes to see you, so it's fine if you wanna look cool.
Ryousuke: Is that the case.
Ryohei: Recently, that's what I've felt.
<more awkward silence, in need of a new question>

Ishikawa --> Star: How many hours do you practice?

Ry: How long do you practice every day?
Ryohei: Because I try to be conscious about that... well, when there's work sometimes I can't practice. but when I have a day off, maybe two or three hours. but if there's other people to practice with, I'll practice longer. Maybe around four, five hours.
Ryousuke: So in the week, around how much do you practice?
Ryohei: During the week... around fifteen times. But with the singing as well, if I don't dance I can't take it easy. I get uneasy, thinking I'll become worse than I was yesterday.
Ryousuke: I only practice during the dance lessons, so I just want everyone to know that.
Ryohei: Pretty honest, aren't you.

catch a Star
100 stars x 100 dreams

off camera:
Ishikawa's questions continued at the filming location....
Ryousuke: Ryohei, where is your place of hobbies?
Ryohei: You mean my place of birth? 
Ryousuke: Yes.
Ryohei: Sapporo.
Ryousuke: Oh, in Hokkaido?
Ryohei: Yeah. 
Ryousuke: So then when did you transfer?
Ryohei: I came to TOkyo when I was in first year high school.
Ryousuke: that's cool.
Ryohei: Is it really?
camera man: The camera man is ready, so...
Ryohei: Oh, okay.
<pose>
camera man: Yup, just like that.
Ryousuke: When I look at your PVs and watch you, you seem really cool.
Ryohei: Thanks.
Ryousuke: You transfered a long ways. ... I guess it wasn't the dance environment [you were used to].
Ryohei: It's great to practice with friends, and you feel complete really quickly. With my usual group, someone will be like, "Okay, let's practice now." ______ But the job gets completed quickly. The people who taught me were always on time.

Star --> Advice (advice from the celebrity)
Ryohei: I've got two things. For now... I'm careful not to get hurt, but
Star --> Advice: Warm up to prevent self-injury
Ryohei: If you don't do it once, it'll become a habit. You can hurt yourself lightly, but it'll happen again and it'll really hurt. So I think it's important to do things like stretching. I would also skip the whole step and just start dancing. During the class, the teacher would say, "Stretching have ended. We're starting the lesson." And then after five minutes the person who didn't warm up would suddenly be falling down. The evidence was cleanly put there. He would look scared like a deer in the headlights. When you're taking the extra step of breakdancing, you'll get a lot of injuries. Your body looks after itself amazingly. Within our group, I think I made an activity out of getting hurt. It takes a toll on your own name.
Ryousuke: Is that so.
Star --> Advice (advice from the celebrity): Practice, practice, and practice!
Ryohei: On top of that, practice is ______.
Ryousuke: Yes.
Ryohei: When you do it properly, you end up feeling worn out no matter what. But as you're working, there are always going to be situations where you want to do something but you can't. You've been moving your body from a young age, though. I think that things were supposed to be the way they happened. Way back when I was exercising as a child, I'd be in pain after two or three days. I'd always say that when i was a preteen, but that's normal for those who don't get their bodies moving. In my twenties, though, i really believed that. There's going to be a day when I'll be [unable to move,] so I want to do all that I can now.
Ryousuke: Right.

Ishikawa --> Star: And now, the final question.
Ryousuke: I really do like w-inds.--
Ryohei: Thanks.
Ryousuke: and so I was wondering if we could possibly dance together.
Ryohei: Oh, definitely. We can do that.
Ryousuke: Please give me your best regards.
Ryohei: Okay!
This time, the song they'll dance to together is...

LOVE IS THE GREATEST THING

in the midst of a dance lesson

Ryohei; Before that high-pitched note, cut like this. With your left hand... Then using the tip of your toe as your axis... Yeah, like that. Right. Like you're hugging yourself. Left, right, left. With your right.
Ryousuke: What?
Ryohei: Just like that, ____.
Ryousuke: Okay. Thank you.

dance session.

Ryohei: thanks!
Ryousuke: Thank you very much.

Ishikawa --> Star
catch a Star
100 stars x 100 dreams

Ryousuke Ishikawa
Thankful thoughts.
"I was touched by being so close with a person like that. I had a really great time today."

Ryohei Chiba
Thankful thoughts
"Today was really fun. It was a great time, and there aren't a lot of experiences quite like this. It's not every day you can meet a kid like this. It was great."

cameraman: do your best.


2 comments:

  1. sugoiiiiii~ It's amazing, I feel as touched as how I was after watching that w-inds.M episode on Ryohei's bday yesterday. Thank you~~~~~~<3

    ReplyDelete