Monday, October 3, 2011

Oricon Article: Keita Going Solo


Please forgive me for the interchanging tenses in this translation. It bothers me, too.
to be directed to the original page, please click here. i do not own the original article by ORICON CAREER.


The Truth About Keita Tachibana (w-inds.) and his Solo Debut

Vocal singer Keita, from popular idol group w-inds., is achieving his solo debut through his single Michishirube. The song was released October 18th. w-inds. has their plate full, being busy over the last few days; they recently had a two day [concert] at Nippon Budoukan. They're a popular and talented "top-class group," so why has their main star Keita Tachibana decided to go solo? What are his reasons?



"For two years I've been able to hear J-Pop acutely, so I've been comforted many times by the content of its lyrics. I've taken an interest in the world of lyrics, and I want to keep their meanings with me." (Tachibana).

The lyrics that really shocked him were those taken from Mr. Children's song "Kurumi," written by Kazutoshi Sakurai. Tachibana began to write his own lyrics after being taken aback and "given strength" by Sakurai. As such, this became an opportunity to go solo.

"At first I was writing as a hobby. But as I did so, the urge to write kept getting stronger and stronger. That's why I wanted to be able to honestly sing about my own feelings, under my own name." (Tachibana).

At the same time as his lyric composition duties, he started practicing guitar. A year prior to his debut, he made a request to his staff, saying he "[wanted] to go solo."

With w-inds., the three members produce music accompanied by a dynamic performance; alternatively, Keita Tachibana produces music whose vocals are accompanied by his acoustic guitar. Their styles are completely different. Tachibana says, "I like both, and I want to continue each of them." With that, he is dealing with the current situation, and seems to be enjoying himself with all his heart.

Tachibana's solo works are sure to give w-inds. positive good energy, and w-inds.' seems to strongly support his activities. The group seems to be looking forward to this cooperative interaction. Keita Tachibana has officially divided himself into both lead singer of w-inds. and solo artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment