Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Keita Tachibana (solo) Oricon Style Q&A [Part 1]

This was done as part of 18 Days to Michishirube. Check in tomorrow to see the conclusion of this Q&A! I do not own the original article by Oricon, found here

----- Please briefly explain the details involving your solo debut.
For some time, I've wanted to write my own songs and lyrics. On top of that, I'd say to the agency, "I want to do this kind of music,"and we'd discuss it, but it would always end up that "it's kind of hard to express this [type of music] with w-inds." That's why I decided to go solo.

----- Specifically what kind of music do you want to do?
I've been practicing guitar, so do I want to play guitar and sing. But most importantly, since I've really come to like the world of lyric composition, I want to sing songs that will describe this world.

----- With Michishirube, I feel like Keita has shown the world a life-sized version of himself.
Right. Well, I wrote the song with that intention. Forcing yourself to write [about anything] is fine, but for me, the easiest thing to write about are my personal thoughts.

----- Do you have a message you'd like to get across?
Let's see. Well, I wrote the song because I love people who are trying their best, and I want to support them. Many songs have lent me their strength, and with that in mind I hope people who hear this song will be given the same.

----- Do you think the thoughts included in lyric composers' songs and your songs are any different?
There's no doubt with one's thoughts. Composers all have their own worlds, and they can sing easily and straightforwardly.

----- The title of your coupling song, Koe, seems to have a similar meaning.
Is that true? (blushes and laughs). I want to be able to explain the world of lyrics, and so more than going backwards and singing normal[, overheard] songs, I'm consciously trying to start to sing my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment