Sunday, December 11, 2011

Koe Making of Translated

Jacket Making

<bunch of noise, mainly the wind>

someone: Look at that quality.... <sorry i couldn't understand all of this sentence>
someone else: yeah!
photographer: thanks.
Keita: <laughs>

<"Koe" starts playing; note: at some parts the song overlaps the speech>

The reason I can smile now is because you're right here at my side. I think that time we had is reminiscent of a struggle within darkness. I thought I could live alone. I walked along selfishly on those days, wasted as I strayed away. But still you looked after that part of me. And you forgave me. I just, I only, I simply want to hear your voice.
keita: It's hot right now, but it's just right for me. Everyone must be cold. I'm okay.
And right now, at this moment, in the present, my wishes are the same as yours.
someone: You're doing that again, aren't you.
someone; Thank you.
Our feelings are floating through the night sky towards you.
someone: You look like a helicopter.
Keita: That'd be great if I could.
 Think about these words.
Keita: Every day, we're always looking for investors. [implied: So until we can afford help, I'm cleaning up, too]. Okay, I'm going!
The feelings that I want to express to you are overflowing: you are honestly more important than anything else.
Keita: It looks like a painting! It's amazing.
Person: It is, isn't it. How funny.

Keita: Can you get this?
Person: Yeah, you can see it.

They weren't all good times.
Keita: Huh. This is a nice one.

There were nights where we cried.


Keita: Thank for all your hard work!
 And through that...


[interview:]

Keita: Even when I was recording for w-inds., I've done it by myself.
Interviewer: Is that so.
Keita: You do it by yourself, so--
Interviewer: And you get enveloped in the song.
Keita: And that hasn't really changed. That's how it is.

Recording
person: did you look it over?
keita: yes.

Keita: the passing people are smiling and I walk towards the place we made our promise.
...we loved and made a pact: "we should meet here again next year."
Keita: I thank you for your love; it was like sparkling rain turning into snowflakes. And now our memories from that day have fallen, piled thick like the snow.
person: The meaning of the song should be that love is more important than snow!

It's too early to label this place as a "distorted world." So once more... So once more... I'll reach out for your hand.

Keita:At that time, in our generation... If we were grieving, we just kept calling and calling
for our love. This voice keeps aging, but it's too early to label this place as a"distorted world"
So, once more... So, once more... I'll reach out for your hand. Right, now straight ahead... 

Keita: Ah, that's hard.
Person: It's a good song. It really is.

Keita: Thanks for your hard work.

Keita: Well, when I first started listening to J-Pop, I could really hear how nice the melody sounded. And its poetry, the whole world of poetry, was really beautiful. I kept wanting to be able to express my own thoughts through the world of poetry, and I thought it would be great if I could do it through a song. I liked that kind of genre.

Recording for a Television Show

Keita: We all have the power to believe in ourselves, so...

emcee: so our next act is Tachibana Keita, I believe.

Keita: Our trembling thoughts are surely ---
<crowd cheers>
Keita: --- are surely there.

Keita: Ah, my legs!

<ear-piercing screams>

Keita: Let's walk on. Our journey is just beginning. That's right, my darling.

someone: Thank you very much!

Your smiling face and your warmth... That miracle fluttered down and landed in front of my eyes. And it always remains here, inside of my chest. It's a story I can never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment